Reflect on a time when you discovered a new perspective that completely changed how you viewed a person, group, or place. How did your previous “single story” shape your thoughts or actions?
I found a new perspective about someone after I took time to get to know them instead of believing what I had heard from others.
I once had an opinion about someone because of what I heard from other people. After actually getting to know the person, I realized that what I had heard from others didn’t show who they really were.
My previous “single story” made me judge the person before getting to know them. Once I got to know them and spend time around that person, I realized that everyone has more to their story than the rumors we hear about. This taught me not to judge people based on one experience or someone else’s opinion.
Comments
Post a Comment